The Institute of Culture of Belarus today
REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT IN THE SYSTEM OF ADDITIONAL EDUCATION OF ADULTS IN THE FIELD OF CULTURE
REPUBLICAN SCIENTIFIC-METHODICAL CENTER IN THE FIELD OF CULTURE
CENTRE PLANNING AND COORDINATION OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF CULTURE
State Educational Establishment «The Institute of Culture of Belarus» (next — Inbelkult) is an institution of additional education of adults, which provides training and retraining of personnel in the field of culture. Inbelkult established in accordance with the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus «On the reorganization of the educational establishment “The Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts” and the establishment of a state educational institution “The Institute of Culture of Belarus”» (August 31, 2010) № 1263 and by order of the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Belarus (September 8, 2010) № 131.
Inbelkult is the successor institution «The Belarusian State Institute of Cultural Issues» (BelSICI), which began operations in 1991. BelSICI was established in accordance with the decision of the Council of Ministers of BSSR № 201 (May 24, 1991) and the order of the Ministry of Culture of the BSSR № 68 (May 31, 1991) through the merger of three institutions — The Republican scientific-methodical center of folk art and cultural work, the Republican methodical study on arts education institutions and the Republic Institute of Advanced Training for professionals in the field of culture. Order of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus (December 26, 2007) № 307 BelSICI was reorganized by joining the establishment «The Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts». As a result: is The Institute for Advanced Studies and Retraining (IASR) as a division of the university, which functioned from 2008 to 2010.
AREAS OF ACTIVITY
Inbelkult started his own activity December 13, 2010. The Institute's activities is carried out in two main directions:
- development and implementation of educational training programs, training, training for managers and professionals in the field of culture;
- scientific-methodological and information-analytical support of educational institutions and organizations in the sphere of culture of Belarus, as well as realization of tasks aimed at information-analytical, organizational and practical support of the Ministry of Culture.
AREAS OF INTEREST EMPLOYEES
- additional study of the problems of adult education in the field of culture and different areas of cultural development;
- scientific and methodological support of cultural institutions in the areas of museum activities, protection of historical and cultural heritage, socio-cultural activities, traditional culture and arts professional, amateur creativity, support of talented youth, education and the introduction of information technologies in the educational process in the system of additional education and adult activities cultural organizations;
- scientific and educational-methodical maintenance of secondary special education in culture and children's art schools;
- organization of international and national conferences, seminars, exhibitions.
Carried out at the Institute:
- support activities of the special Presidential Fund for talented youth;
- provision of the Secretariat of the Commission to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus for the identification, recovery, sharing, and introduction to scientific and cultural revolution of national cultural values, living outside Belarus (Commission on Restitution);
- scientific and methodological support of the National Board of Directors of the regional methodological centers of folk art;
- organization and conduct of the qualifying examination for assignment and confirmation of the highest qualification of teaching staff of children's art schools and educational institutions in the field of culture;
- activities of the special services of intellectual property in the field of culture.
The Institute developed and kept up to date four information resources:
- state information system «Integrated database of cultural institutions»;
- sectoral integrated database of cultural institutions;
- database of talented youth;
- National Inventory of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Belarus (website: «Living Heritage»).
Four information resources in the formative stage:
- database of the listeners of continuing professional education in the field of culture;
- archives of Belarus abroad;
- roster of museums of the Republic of Belarus;
- database of folk arts and crafts.